Saturday, November 8, 2014

Beauty Favorites

Beauty Favorites


These are some of my absolute swear-by beauty products. I never thought I would make a post like this because I have literally tried TONS of products and never felt committed one way or another to any of them, but I find myself constantly restocking these. Not to mention the price points are pretty good on these too.


From left to right:

1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream - $39
This is perfect for the summer - light and airy - and for those times when you just want a minimal concealer. I blend this with my foundation (see #2) for a "less made-up" look. 

2. Revlon Colorstay 24-Hour Makeup for Oily/Combination Skin - $10
My most favorite foundation EVER. This one is true to its description - it definitely minimizes oil and shine for oily/combination skin types, but doesn't make you look powdery or caked up. 

3. Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream - $30
This is definitely worth the more expensive price! Dr. Hauschka makes amazing products overall, but this one is magic in a tube. I was introduced to this day cream by my best friend over the summer, and it has worked wonders on my skin overall. I finally feel like I can leave my house makeup-less!

4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion - $26
My mom used to work for a very well-known NYC dermatologist back in the 70's who was actually on the testing team for Clinique and she swears by this moisturizer. This is one family tradition worth passing down - my mom is 60 years young and you need to squint to find a wrinkle anywhere on her face. 

5. Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 - $10
This is my go-to for pesky breakouts - has been since I was an unfortunately acne-ridden teenager! The high salicylic acid content can be drying so make sure to use sparingly, but this seriously works to minimize the length of breakout life.

6. Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray - $28
This is one product that is never leaving my arsenal. For someone with super-fine, thin hair, this has worked MIRACLES for me. I use this before blow-drying for ultimate volume that lasts until my next hair washing day.

7. L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise OleoTherapy Perfecting Oil Essence - $13
I use this after the Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray before blow-drying for hair that comes out unbelievably soft, silky and smooth. It also effectively kills annoying fly-aways, which for some reason always happen to me more in the winter (probably because of the cold and static!)

8. Sachajuan Light/Medium Hold Hairspray - $28
This is my absolute favorite hairspray because it doesn't have an overpowering smell and holds my style all day long. It's easy to brush out and doesn't leave you with an annoying flaky scalp afterwards either.

9. NARS The Multiple in Copacabana - $39
Another product that is worth the price just for the fact that this LITERALLY LASTS FOREVER! I use this as the perfect highlighter for the corner of my eyes and across my cheekbones for some extra shimmer for nights out.

10. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in Blackest Black - $7
I am never buying another mascara ever again so I hope L'Oreal keeps this one in rotation! Goes on perfectly - no clumping - and makes my lashes look amazingly long and luscious, just like a manga character haha.

11. Alexa Chung Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner - $24
Another eye makeup product I swear to never part from. As someone who used to suffer from the dreaded raccoon eyes by the end of the day, I am happy to say that this eyeliner stays intact all day long! Not to mention it's super-easy to use - I am a big fan of liners that act like Sharpies.

12. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Mightiest Maraschino - $17
I LOVE Clinique chubby sticks because they really do work double-time as lip color and balm and were the first product on the market to do it. I wear these on an almost daily basis and have a bunch of colors I like - Curviest Caramel and Super Strawberry are my favorite neutral shades, btw - but Mightiest Maraschino is my absolute favorite because it is THE perfect red and doesn't dry out my lips like other heavily pigmented red lip colors tend to!


No comments:

Post a Comment