Friday, April 17, 2015

HG: L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation

 
Taking a moment to do a quick post about this AMAZING new foundation I just bought the other day! I thought I had liked the Revlon Colorstay 24-Hour foundation I posted about back in November, but this beats it 1,000,000x over! Here is the description from L'Oreal's website:
 
"Achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion."
 
I can definitely say this is 100% true! As someone with annoying oily skin, it's important that I don't look shiny by the middle of the day. Even though the Revlon Colorstay foundation did a good job, I still had to do some minor touch-ups... With Infallible Pro-Matte, I don't have to worry at all!
 
I noticed right away that the consistency of this foundation is much different from any I've used before. Even though it's a "liquid," it has a thicker, almost powder-like texture, kind of like paint or stage makeup, but it still goes on smoothly with my foundation sponge. The secret to staying matte is in this consistency, I think! The coverage is really awesome too - I don't have to cake it on to get a nice finish that's matte but not powdery.
 
Anyway, I definitely recommend this foundation to anyone with an oily complexion who wants true all-day coverage without the need for touch-ups! I hope they never stop making this, because it's my new holy grail of drugstore foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment